by Vixon John
I've decided that covering my hometown of Brooklyn would be the best location for me to report on. It's not only convenient, but it would give me an opportunity to be home more often and see family while trying to get information. Everytime I go home for a break from school, I see changes in my neighborhood and the environment being renovated. Based on information from family members, there are new stores, locations and changes happening in the course of months at a time, which is making my hometown look more different day by day. At first, I was nervous picking Brooklyn because I was afraid I might not find any stories there or the price of traveling upstate and downstate would be too taxing, but in the spirit of improving my journalism skills and challenging myself to get the best story possible, i will take up this challenge.
Just to brainstorm some possible listening post in Brooklyn, I can cover shopping centers, municipal buildings, malls and restaurants. I feel these locations would serve as the best spots to start getting information for various stories. My love for Brooklyn is strong; let's hope that it's potential for a good story is strong as well.
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment