For my second story, I figured I’d scope out local news and figure out what’s going on around me. The New Paltz Times had an editorial from a local New Paltz resident who was concerned about the recent flooding of the Wallkill River and the lack of resolutions that seem to exist every year. I contacted the writer of the editorial and set up a phone interview, but got no answer when the time came and no return phone call. The response, or lack there of, was a surprise without a doubt and I felt somewhat stuck with the topic we were given and the fact that I had no story option. Lucky for me, I overheard, while at work, a New Paltz village board member mentioning a meeting she was headed to regarding the one way main street project proposal. The town and village are at a stand still as I later found out, and while it was not easy to get in tough with these board members, which is disappointing considering the fact that this is a college town, but none the less, I trucked on and got the story done. It was interesting to actually work around a deadline so closely though.
No comments:
Post a Comment