Thursday, April 3, 2008

Change Not Always Good (Aurora, NY)

This story, i decided to write about Aurora, NY, a small village just outside Ithaca. I grew up in Aurora, and it's one of my favorite places to be in the world. I decided to write this story because it was something that effected me and my town greatly over the last few years. I know most of the people in town, since only about 700 people live there, so it was easy for me to talk to people. I just went to the local bar, and talked to people that i knew lived there and would want to share about the changes that took place. Pleasant Rowland wanted to created her own little perfect small town, USA type deal, and she chose our village to do it. It was a rough time for everyone, and was a major issue between those who wanted the change, and those who didn't. For such a small community, it was the biggest thing to happen to us since Wells College back in the 1800's. I had fun writing this paper, and it was great to finally share something about where i come from. Since nothing really goes on here.

No comments: