Saturday, February 23, 2008

Listening Post: Hot Dog King

by Vixon John

In Downtown Brooklyn, there are so many listening post to choose from. It's a vibrant atmosphere, bustling with people browsing and shopping. When I decided to choose Hot Dog King, I thought it would be at first to talk to people because they were just waiting for a hot dog, but I was more nervous than I thought. The first person I tried to talk to denied making a comment and walked away. This intimidated me a little bit, but I realized that my genuine personality and kindness should help me talk to people and get them more comfortable in giving answers.

The people I interviewed were really passionate about their neighborhood. They seen all these changes around them and it seems that they want to voice it out, but don't know who to talk to. There were some hits and misses, but overall, I felt more comfortable than when I first arrived.

As I got more information about the things changing in the community, I went to investigate the locations and realized that these facts were true. I immediately jotted down everything that I observed and discovered; addresses, numbers, names, signs, flyers, etc.

Seeing I was at the Hot Dog King, I had to order a hot dog. I felt rushed in my decision to order a hot dog; like the cook was secretly rushing me slowly. The hot dog didn't look as delicious as when it was on the grill, but when i took a bite, it was actually good. Good choice in listening post. I'm going to be very full everytime I come here.

No comments: