Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Initially I was fearful about observing New Paltz for this project, but what I hope to find is that there are a list of things that I, and many other college students here, don't know, even as a third year student. my Listening post is the Muddy Cup and the reason I picked this location, as opposed to any other coffee shop in main street, was because of the windows on the front of the store. Those windows not only allow me to look out and observe, but to see people, mostly out of towners, look in and observe. A lot of regulars seemed to hang out there, a few writers of course but it was difficult getting to talk to people in some respect because of the weather during the time I went there. Besides the regulars that sit there all day everyday and wait for people to talk to, it was hard to get a word out of the few people that strolled in and out. I have some regrets though with my observations, I wanted to pick up on some more detailed issues that people were concerned with, but I was only able to overhear a comment regarding the sidewalks never being properly salted on main street...weak. Of course it's up to me to really did deeper. I think I might try out a few more posts to really get a deeper perspective of the town that I think I know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment