Thursday, April 10, 2008

Race/Gender in the Election

I did my interviewing at the Matte Factor, a coffee shop run by a cult in Ithaca, and at the Fargo, a local bar in the small village of Aurora just outside of Ithaca. When i asked people, they seemed kind of stand-offish at first. It's definitely a topic that most people dont care to discuss openly with people they dont know. I was turned down by a few people after i asked the question. It seemed that they had a stance on the issue, but not one they would like to make public. For those that openly answered the question, you could tell it really didn't matter to them. They just wanted a candidate that would do the job right. It's easier and easier to talk to random people now, since i've been doing it for 2 semesters. I used to be really shy when it came to that sort of thing, but now its just another assignment.

No comments: