Monday, April 14, 2008

The issue was there all along!!

Doing an issue story has been the most difficult for me…besides the landmark story. This one, however, was difficult because I wasn’t satisfied with the issues that I initially had. An issue that I had in mind was of tenants having to relocate because their landlord wasn’t providing the necessities…enough hot water, etc. The owner of the building, however, wasn’t very welcoming and stood me up! The neighbors were really nice, though, in providing me information. I even had a decent amount of information to write a story but I felt that without having someone from a different perspective of the issue, the story wouldn’t be complete. Then I thought about doing it on noise pollution considering the train, highway, and countless businesses in the neighborhood. But then I thought, “It’s the city! Noise is expected everywhere.” So, then I thought about what I ahd in the back of my mind all along…the fire that burned down several stores. I was really interested in this story because while I have never been directly affected by a fire, I have seen neighbors whose house has burned down. I am, however, never happy with my finishing story. I think that’s because I feel more can always be added or it doesn’t have enough substance. I don’t know, I am working on finding some satisfaction in my writing.

No comments: