Thursday, April 24, 2008

Girls can't what?

I had no idea what my education/youth story was going to be about. I mean I was sort of familiar with the area but didn't know if there was the hang out spot for teens. So, I pretty much walked around and literally stumbled on the group of girls called Girls that Care. At first it didn't register to use them as my story but one of the girls, Jaylyn, impressed me so much that I was left really surprised how a group of girls were so involved in their community. I'm sure in my own community there wasn't a group who was as involved like these girls are in their own community. I mean I've volunteered a lot before but these girls just became teenagers and are so aware of what is going around them and in the world. One thing that one of the girls said to me that I didn't write in my story was when I asked her why she got involved and she said, "because this is not a place to raise a child."

No comments: