Wednesday, April 30, 2008

60th Annual Tulip Fest

Sooooo I gave myself an anxiety attack, had a mental breakdown, questioned every aspect of my life, and seriously wondered why I had the brilliant idea to become a journalist...all while writing this article.

I picked this topic because the Tulip Fest is a tradition that has been going on a long time in Albany. I swear the whole city is there and more. There was so much information I could have included that I had trouble generalizing certain areas and deciding what to put in. I settled on going into greater detail with a few of the vendors and focusing on the Tulip Queen because that is a major part of the tradition. The interviews went smoothly and everybody was very friendly and eager to talk. Although writing this was a struggle it made me remember how much fun the festival really is and made me a little mad that I can't go home for it this year.

I was going to incorporate community opinions and quotes from people who attend the festival each year, but I thought that it would make the article too jumbled and that it would lose its focus...overall, I think and hope that it works.

Story Ideas:

A piece that is more completely focused on either the 2007 or 2008 Tulip Queen.

A piece about one of the nationally recognized musical artists that will be performing.

A straight news piece with more quotes from the public and less in depth information.

A reaction piece to how the 2008 Tulip Fest actually went.

No comments: