Thursday, March 6, 2008

Bruderhof Saturday

I got picked up around noon on Saturday to spend the entire day up on the Bruderhof Woodcrest community. It was one of the most interesting experiences of my life. Just immersing myself in a very secluded community and learning what they enjoy doing was really powerful. However, by the time the communal dinner rolled around and it was around 7 pm, I was certainly ready to return back to New Paltz. I met some interesting characters along the way. Everybody is so open with their lifestyles there. I wouldn't say it so much about their personalities, but certainly in the way they live day to day (All of their homes are open to community member at any time) For the most part, they made me feel welcome, and as hard as it may be to believe, they treated me as if I were anybody else.

No comments: