Thursday, February 14, 2008
Cold Spring, Hudson Valley
I'm going to cover Cold Spring, NY as my beat this semester. The town is very old and full of historic buildings, as most Hudson Valley towns/cities are. My cousin has lived there for several years now, raising a baby boy there with her husband. Cold Spring has a great main street area with antique shops and theaters. I'm not exactly sure where my listening post would be, but I'm sure my cousin could help me out with finding a great spot to meet, talk with and observe people. I have plans to speak with her neighbors and surrounding neighborhoods, and maybe even some of her friends in the area. She lived in the Tarrytown/Sleepyhollow area for most of her life now, so I think she'll be a great resource for networking and lending a helping hand in this beat project, just to get me started. I'm not sure in which direction I will go to tell this town's story. I have to explore the town thoroughly before I decide anything further.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment